Welcome to PCmover Profile Migrator
An email will be sent to
the address provided
(Look for PCmover Download License)
Thank you for your interest in evaluating Laplink PCmover for an upcoming migration project. To get your evaluation up and running smoothly, we have put together a few helpful suggestions for your review below. A more detailed set of step-by-step instructions is available in the User Guides on our Profile Migrator Documentation PDF. To download PCmover Profile Migrator, please click the orange ‘Download Now’ button to the right. Take note of your evaluation serial number.
If you would like to set up a time to discuss your PC upgrade or replacement project, or would like to view a live online demo of the solution, please contact Corporate Sales at the email address or phone number provided to the right and they’ll be happy to get one scheduled. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to your feedback!
Pre-migration checklist (for both computers)
- The Evaluation copy of PCmover Profile Migrator requires you to be logged into a domain when testing the product. If you would like to test Profile Migrator without this requirement, please contact email@example.com to receive an alternate copy of the software.
- PCs on Network Domain: New PCs on a network domain should be joined to the domain prior to the migration.
- AV Utilities: If connecting PCs using the “Network” option, some AV utilities (i.e. – Symantec or McAfee) may either block PCmover from establishing a connection, or will greatly slow down the transfer speed.
- Elevated User Permissions: When transferring software and multiple domain user profiles to a new PC, the user account logged into the new PC during the transfer will need local admin privileges. A user with ‘limited’ permissions may experience issues creating user accounts or transferring software.
- Exit All Programs: Exit all programs running on both computers (except PCmover). Turn off system tools such as virus scanners, power settings, spyware scanners, firewall software, and desktop search utilities on both PCs.
Interested in learning how to fully automate the migration process using the Policy Manager? Watch our online tutorials to learn how to generate reports, create custom filters, hide screens, and much more.
(Click on the ‘Tutorials’ tab.)
- Contact laplink.com/contact